This map shows the area we recommend you stay in, with four convenient local train stations highlighted in yellow circles.
- The Premier Inn Archway is the nearest big hotel to the Ceremony & Evening Venue. Currently the hotel requires a minimum 2 night stay for each booking, however they have informed us they may open up for single night bookings, so if you want a single night stay, try to book it first before looking elsewhere. Premier Inn offers numerous different rates for each booking. In fact we’ve discovered that if you try to book a larger family room, it can be a lot cheaper than booking a standard double room. So play around with the options, check your rates and ensure you choose the best / cheapest one for what you truly need.
- Single travellers or people who want to sleep in their own bed can get a good value room and continental breakfast at nearby posh university apartments Sketch House for a minimum 2 night stay. To get a little discount, type into the Promotion Code box: Ahearne
- The links below will suggest accommodation near to the wedding venues and Brian & Holly’s home in Harringay:
- There are a few Travelodge hotels near the Evening Venue & Brian & Holly’s flat. We’re planning for a bus to pick up guests for the Ceremony from the Finsbury Park Travelodge &/or Manor House Travelodge. However, if you will be leaving the reception before 1am, it’s an easy tube journey to your bed at the Finchley Travelodge. NB: sometimes there’s special deals on Travelodge hotels on the MoneySavingExpert.com
- Check the little blue dots on Google map
- Email Brian & Holly, who may be able to get you a place to stay with friends or family for free.
If anyone is staying in London for just one night, bring your bags to the ceremony, we’ll find a safe place to store them there for you during the ceremony and afternoon entertainment, and then you can check in to your hotel between the ceremony and the evening reception.
If you have friends or family in London, it’s a great idea to ask to stay with them. Or if you would like to be hosted by another guest that lives in and around London, please contact Holly & Brian and we’ll see what we can do to help you.
Holly & Brian frequently use Airbnb to find places to stay on their travels. It enables them to stay in other people’s houses, and some smaller hotels. It’s a great way to travel cost effectively, and actually get to understand what a place is like. You can find AirBnbs available near the wedding venues and Holly & Brian’s home by clicking here.
Brian frequently uses Hotels.com to book hotels for their trips. You can find hotels near the wedding venues and Brian & Holly’s home by clicking here. For some hotels you can make bookings with free cancellations. This is a good idea, because it will ensure you have a place to stay, but if you visit the site later and find a cheaper deal, you can cancel and then book at the cheaper hotel/price. Hotels.com also offers a price promise if your booking is non-refundable, whereby they will offer you the difference back in vouchers which you can use on a future Hotels.com booking. You simply need to submit a claim via this Hotels.com page by 11.59pm the day before your stay. When you register you may receive coupons to apply to hotel bookings or there can be coupon codes in the Hotels.com mobile phone app. Sometimes the prices are a bit cheaper on the mobile app, for some reason. Signing up to their rewards programme offers you free nights in hotels when you amass 10 nights of holiday stays through the site. Brian has found this very useful over the last few years, and he’s used the free nights for some of Holly & Brian’s trips, such as in Disney World, Florida, and when they’ve needed an emergency hotel such as when their flight was cancelled returning from Switzerland, or attending a wedding in Woolwich Arsenal.
Brian mainly makes the travel plans for Brolly’s various trips. He prioritises convenience of location, cost and cultural experiences when choosing a place to stay. Holly’s normally quite content with letting him get on with it. It has resulted in some rather surprising experiences – from a beautiful marbled apartment in Turin; a suspected bed bug infested room in Queens, New York; a riotous river ride from a lovely house in Lucerne; and a house in Ohio with unnerving ceramic dolls placed in our bedroom. Needless to say, Holly’s more into luxury travel than Brian.